LEDs offer numerous benefits for business owners home owners as well as the environment. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider switching to LED lighting in your home or workplace:
- Better Light: The colour rendering and quality of light in LEDs is much better than CFL or fluorescent lighting. The colour consistency is near perfect and the fixtures are held to a much high standard than other technologies currently on the market.
- More Energy Efficient: LEDs consume 85% less energy than incandescent lighting and around 50% less energy than fluorescent lighting. What this also means is that much less heat is produced by LED bulbs, thus also lowering air conditioning costs.
- Low Maintenance: On average, LEDs last up 50,000 hours. At that point, they are only fading to 70% of their brightness when brand new. And unlike normal bulbs, they don’t simply stop working when they need replacing == they simply grow weaker very, very gradually. A typical application will see 20 years or more before needing replacement, which saves money on maintenance costs, especially for those who have to hire special crews to change light bulbs.
- Good for the Environment: It’s no secret that LEDs are earth-friendly. They consume less electricity, emit fewer greenhouse gases, contain no harmful Mercury, almost all components are 100% recyclable, and are safer to use because cooler operation means less (or NO) fire hazard.
- Money Saver: In many cases, LED lighting will pay for itself in less than 2 years and the ROI (return on investment) can easily be 12 or 15 times the cost of the product.
When you look at the lifetime savings on energy and maintenance costs,
it is clear that LEDs are the way to go.